Saturday, December 08, 2007

Chennai-San Antonio

In my pursuit to replenish my blogging spirit, I am writing this blog. May look like a normal encounter, but still I have decided to write it.
Having started from Chennai on a misty night, reached Mumbai airport in the wee hours of the next morning. Quite wary of the departure time, I was wondering why the flight had not taken off even half an hour after scheduled departure time. I came to know from the crew that a few more passengers had to board. At that instant, I was reminded of our city mini-buses which always wait till the bus is full. Even air-planes were not much different either!!
From Mumbai, the flight took off after a delay of one hour. I fell into a slumber after browsing the morning papers. Probably those were the last Indian newspapers I would get a glance of, before reaching San Antonio.
The crew was disturbing people every now and then with what they called refreshments. Things that should have been served hot were served the other way round. Anyhow, that was not the house where I was going to stay for a long time. So I just adjusted to their mini tortures.
Crossed the half way mark, by reaching Frankfurt that afternoon. Frankfurt looked quite beautiful through the window panes. We were asked to wait in the so called lounge, though it was not bigger than a 500 sq.ft hall, till the flight departure was announced. I never thought that we would be in for another one hour delay there. Fine. we took off and this time the refreshments were more challenging to eat. Ii would have taken more than two knifes to tear a bun that was served. It had become so hard due to continuous refrigeration. Hmmm... I started getting desperate. I just dozed off and fell over the lady next to me, who was also in an inactive state. But as soon as I fell, she pushed me like a sumo wrestler and I couldn't anything but to wake in a moment of gaze and stay awake throughout the rest of my journey to Chicago.
Ah! we reached Chicago and before landing I was given some forms to fill. I made mistakes more than thrice and one of the cabin crew members, almost stopped himself from giving me a new form.
Ah!! I was in Chicago-O'Hare. Brisked through the corridors for Immigration and Customs without any hassles. Took the trains to the terminal-3 where my flight to San Antonio would arrive. The flight to San Antonio was only after two hours. So I eased myself at the airport. All this I had not ventured out. But to my surprise, my fingers became numb for the few minutes I had to walk outside to board my flight to San Antonio. It was 25 F.
Had a pleasant flight to San Antonio. My friendS had come to pick me up.
Finally, It did end. My travel from Chennai-San Antonio. And I have lived the longest day of my life. Nov 10 2007.

1 comment:

pinastro said...

good da .... you are just a replica of me ...I swear ...your thought process is exactly same as mine